±Ý¼Ó.°ø¿¹.¼À

2006/06/26(21:15) from 58.143.172.26
ÀÛ¼ºÀÚ : Heather Bayless (heethroe@gmail.com) Á¶È¸¼ö : 1959 , ÁÙ¼ö : 75
³í¹® À̾߱â
³»·Á¹Þ±â : projectPages.jpg (153 Kbytes)

projectPages.jpg

³Ê¹« ´Ê¾î¼­ Á˼ÛÇÕ´Ï´Ù! ÀÌÇØ ¸ø Çß½À´Ï´Ù.

Above: image of thesis report pages (³í¹® À̹ÌÁö)
Below: thesis text (³í¹® ¾²±â)

I am investigating various forms of plants and how they reproduce by distributing their seeds, spores, bulbs into nature. There are several methods including wind, animals and gravity. In this sense, the seeds of plants illustrate the rule of "Form Follows Function," which is also commonly discussed in contemporary design. Regardless of how humans may consider some seed forms to be beautiful, interesting or even ugly, there is a reason for the form they take.

½Ä¹°ÀÇ ¾¾, Æ÷ÀÚ, ±¸±ÙÀÇ ÇüÅ´ ±× ½Ä¹°ÀÌ ¾î¶»°Ô º¯½ÄÇϴ°¡¿Í ¹ÐÁ¢ÇÑ °ü·ÃÀÌ ÀÖ´Ù. "ÇüÅ´ ±â´ÉÀ» µû¸¥´Ù."

In addition to this idea, I am employing the use of pattern and form from plants that I find compelling or peculiar. A focus on tableware and jewelry will include basic techniques such as hammering and fabrication and advanced techniques including mokume-gane, granulation, etc. It only seems appropriate that seed forms from nature become serving vessels in metalwork. There is the action of moving something from one vessel to another, which can be an analogy to seeds moving from the mother plant to create their own life elsewhere.

¾¾, ¾¾¸¦ Æ÷ÇÔÇÏ´Â ½Ä¹°ÀÇ ÇüÅ´ ¾ç³äÀ» À§ÇÑ ±×¸©¿¡ ÀûÇÕÇÏ´Ù. ¾ç³äÀÌ ÇÑ ±×¸©¿¡¼­ ´Ù¸¥ ±×¸©À¸·Î ¿òÁ÷ÀÌ´Â °ÍÀº ¾¾°¡ ±×µé¸¸ÀÇ »ý¸íÀ» ½ÃÀÛÇϱâ À§ÇØ ³ª¿À´Â °Í¿¡ ºñÀ¯µÉ ¼ö ÀÖ´Ù.

Jewelry objects will be used in this body of work to describe the images and stories of seeds.

At this point I have completed two works, one an oil cruet based on the small bulb on a stem of grass, the other a cinnamon shaker based on the form of a mushroom.

Bulb Cruet is created to serve olive oil, a substance that is known to have health benefits and is a staple in the Mediterranean diet.

ù¹ø° ÀÛÇ° 'Bulb Cruet'Àº ¿Ã¸®ºêÀ¯ º´ ÀÌ´Ù. ¿Ã¸®ºêÀ¯´Â °Ç°­¿¡ ÁÁ°í ÁöÁßÇØ ¿¬¾È ±¹°¡µéÀÇ ´ëÇ¥½ÄÇ° ÀÌ´Ù.

There is a light green color, distinctive flavor and slow-moving consistency.

¿Ã¸®ºêÀ¯´Â ¹àÀº ³ì»ö°ú ƯÀ¯ÀÇ ¸ÀÀ» °®°í, õõÈ÷ È帥´Ù.

Olive oil is often poured over green salads, making this an interesting and appropriate serving vessel with this grass-inspired form.

¿Ã¸®ºêÀ¯´Â ÁÖ·Î ³ì»ö ¾ßä¿¡ °çµé¿©Áö°í, ÀÌ°ÍÀº Ç®ÀÇ À̹ÌÁö¸¦ µý ¿Ã¸®ºêÀ¯ º´ÀÇ ÇüŸ¦ Èï¹Ì·Ó°í ÀûÇÕÇÏ°Ô ¸¸µç´Ù.

This piece is made from fabrication, hammering and mokume-gane techniques.

ÀÌ ÀÛÇ°Àº ÆDZݱâ¹ý, ¸ÁÄ¡¼ºÇü¿Í ¸ñ±Ý±â¹ýÀ¸·Î ¸¸µé¾ú´Ù.

The idea for Spore Shaker came from a childhood memory of setting up mushrooms on paper overnight and creating a 'spore print,' copying the image of the gills on the underside of the mushroom.

µÎ¹ø° ÀÛ¾÷ 'Spore shaker' ´Â ¾î¸°½ÃÀýÀÇ ¹ö¼¸¿¡ ´ëÇÑ ±â¾ï¿¡¼­ ½ÃÀ۵Ǿú´Ù.  Á¾ÀÌÀ§¿¡ ¹ö¼¸À» ¹ã»õ ³õ¾ÆµÎ¸é, ´ÙÀ½³¯ ¾Æħ ¹ö¼¸ÀÇ ÁÖ¸§°ú ¶È°°Àº À̹ÌÁö°¡ Æ÷ÀÚ¿¡ ÀÇÇؼ­ ±×·ÁÁ® ÀÖ´Â °Í 'Spore print' À» º¼ ¼ö ÀÖ¾ú´Ù.

The spores drop from the gill structure, inspiring the idea of mushroom as container and shaker.

ÁÖ¸§ÀÇ ±¸Á¶¿¡¼­ Æ÷ÀÚ°¡ ¶³¾îÁø´Ù´Â »ç½ÇÀÌ ¾ç³äÅëÀ¸·Î¼­ÀÇ ¹ö¼¸ÀÇ ¾ÆÀ̵ð¾î¸¦ ÁÖ¾ú´Ù.

The silver stem/gill structure can be removed while the vessel is filled, the lid is replaced and spices are shaken over food.

ÁÖ¸§±¸Á¶¸¦ °®´Â ¶Ñ²±À» ¿­¾î ¾ç³äÀ» Åë¾È¿¡ ä¿ï¼ö ÀÖ°í, ¶Ñ²±À» ´ÝÀº ´ÙÀ½ À½½ÄÀ§¿¡ Èçµé¾î ¾ç³äÀ» »Ñ¸± ¼ö ÀÖ´Ù.

This piece was created through hammering and fabrication.

ÀÌ ÀÛÇ°Àº ¸ÁÄ¡¼ºÇü°ú ÆDZݱâ¹ýÀ¸·Î ¸¸µé¾ú´Ù.

In continuing to build my thesis work I will work along this theme of botanical fertility and how form and pattern are linked to this idea.

³í¹®À» ÁøÇàÇϸ鼭 ½Ä¹°ÀÇ ¹ø½Ä°ú °ü·ÃµÈ ÇüÅÂ¿Í ÆÐÅÏ¿¡ ´ëÇؼ­ ¿¬±¸ÇÒ °èȹÀÔ´Ï´Ù.

I am also investigating the 1.618 ratio, or Golden Proportion, and considering how this can be linked to my work.

¶ÇÇÑ È²±Ý ºñÀ²¿¡ ´ëÇؼ­ Á¶»çÇÏ°í ¾î¶»°Ô ÀÛ¾÷¿¡ Æ÷Ç﵃ ¼ö ÀÖ´Â Áö¿¡ ´ëÇؼ­ °í¹ÎÇÏ°í ÀÖ½À´Ï´Ù.

Because this number can be found literally everywhere in nature it only makes sense to consider it while designing my pieces.

Modify Delete Post Reply Forward List